Time for some Crab Cakes

My dad was really craving for crab meat so I went online to search for a simple recipe to cook something up for him since it was father's day!!! Instead of buying a gift from store I thought why not whip something for him with a sincere heart and make him happy?? But most of the recipes I found were too complicated for a novice cook like me so I was about to give up on the idea of cooking till I found this recipe!! It was relatively easy and I wasn't new to this I mean l  make “dosai” everyday for breakfast and now I am like making it with crab meat!! HAHA also this recipe was made by Nicholas Petti, owner of Mendo Bistro in Fort Bragg, California who won the  Mendocino Crab & Wine Days Crab Cake Cook-off in both 2002 and 2003.

The end result wasn’t too bad , it actually suited my dads taste buds so I was really happy and that's why I wanted to share this recipe I found online with you guys!! You guys can follow this awesome recipe and surprise your parents with a home cooked breakfast!! But let me just warn you that the making of the Tarragon Aioli can be a little tricky so be careful when making the crab cakes !!! So here goes the recipe …..

Classic Crab Cakes recipe:

Image result for Classic Crabcakes
Ingredients:
  • 1 lb. shelled cooked crab (about 2 3/4 cups)
  • 1 3/4 cups panko (Japanese-style bread crumbs) or other fine dried bread crumbs, divided
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
  • Tarragon Aioli (recipe below)
  • About 1/2 cup vegetable oil, divided

Method:
1. Combine crab, 3/4 cup panko, and the onions in a bowl. Gently mix in 1/2 cup aioli.
2. Press mixture firmly into 8 patties about 3 in. wide; set, separated, on waxed paper or foil. Pour remaining 1 cup panko into a shallow bowl.
3. Preheat oven to 200°. Pour 1/3 cup oil into a large frying pan over medium-high heat. When hot, set each crab cake in panko; using a slotted spatula, turn, pressing gently to coat. Cook in small batches, adding more oil as needed, until golden brown on bottom, 3 to 4 minutes; turn gently and cook until browned on other side, 3 to 4 minutes longer. Transfer to a baking sheet and keep warm in oven. Serve with aioli.

Tarragon Aoili recipe: Blend 2 egg yolks*, 3 peeled garlic cloves, 1/3 cup lemon juice, and 1/2 tsp. salt in a blender until smooth. With machine running, gradually pour in 1 cup vegetable oil and 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil in a slow stream until smooth, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup chopped tarragon, 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. hot sauce, and more lemon juice and salt to taste.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Fight against Food

Wanna know some good place to have your next meal at?

I found my soulmate